|Artwork by Salsten himself|
Fenriz was DJing a house club that night and was only staying a short while, but Daniel played us some records from the crates littering his hallway, many of them songs neither of us had heard before. I think this was the first time I asked him if he'd be up for doing a mix.
Then, quite deservedly, he and Sadomancer's band Deathhammer became pretty big (for an underground thrash band) and started touring more or less consistently across the globe, and we would meet at Live Evil every year, continue the jokes and hazy cloud that seems to follow us, and then get chatting about doing a mix again.
It took him to move to Tazmania as recent as January just past (seriously), for him to finally get the project started and from the off, it was never going to disappoint. In one of the most tinkered with mixes I have ever received, he managed to trim it down to almost 90 mins of loud and raw metal and punk. Almost pure perfection. He had this to say about the mix:
thrashing out and spacing in with dylan at last years live evil festival, and the talks of creating a mix for this killer radio blog began. after floating in the back of my mind for a while, the theme of the compilation ended up being some intense aggressive shit. it's a mix of hardcore, speed and black metal, mostly quite fast. the crossover blend of hardcore and thrash is highly present - for those relentless moods when the blood is rushing and the neck is loose. it's a natural fusion i wish was more around these days really. i trimmed the mix down to contain only the most ripping and max filthy tunes, energetic rapid stuff ideal for a rotten wasted night. if you are also obsessed by raw power and thrashing rage this compilation is for you.Before adding this about the insanely cool cover he drew:
here's the cover, inspired by how cool i felt wearing a chicago bulls cap as a child hahah.Play this one loud!
1. Impetigo (USA) - "Sinister Urge/Faceless" 
2. Pokolgép (Hungary) - "Vallomás" 
3. Raw Power (Italy) - "A Certain Kind of Killer" 
4. Rudimentary Peni [England] - "Nothing But A Nightmare" 
5. Crossfire [Belgium] - "Feeling Down" 
6. Kafka Prosess [Norway] - "90 Åra" 
7. Angel Dust (Germany) - "Fighters Return" 
8. Agnostic Front (USA) - "The Eliminator" 
9. Abhorer (Singapore) - "Zygotical Sabbatory Anabapt" 
10. Kaaos (Finalnd) - "Mellakka" 
11. Sauron (USA) - "Demonic Invasion" 
12. Turbo (Poland) - "Sztuczne Oddychanie" 
13. 666 (Norway) - "Alkohol" 
14. Descendants (USA) - "I'm Not A Loser" 
15. Cryptic Slaughter (USA) - "Rest in Pain" 
16. Biest (Germany) - "Motortraum" 
17. Victimised (Norway) - "Lot Deg Ligge" 
18. Carrion (Switzerland) - "Evil is There" 
19. Thrust (USA) - "Overdrive" 
20. R.K.L. (USA) - "Think Positive" 
21. Celtic Frost (Switzerland) - "Journey Into Fear" 
22. Nuclear Death (USA) - "Prolong the Agony" 
23. Kohu-63 (Finland) - "Huorra" 
24. Ghoul-Cult (Norway) - "Bulletbelt Berserker" 
25. Gang Green (USA) - "Sick Sex Sick" 
26. Impaled Nazarene (Finland) - "Condemned to Hell" 
27. Sodom (Germany) - "After the Deluge"